Working with Stephen Hooper
The way that Stephen works with clients is significantly different from traditional physiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths.
Please read the following information thoroughly to familiarize yourself with the ‘Body Genius Method’ and gain an understanding of how our ‘Pain and Dysfunction’ practitioners practice.
Step One (1):
The first step in the process is to complete the required checklist in preparation for your initial consult. It’s important to understand that your treatment begins as soon as you start working through this checklist and completing the tasks. Like all other steps in the Body Genius Method, step one (1) is designed to save you time and money, along with enhancing treatment outcomes and helping you to achieve your Good Outcome.
|1||I have completed in detail the BG ‘Intake Forms’|
|2||I have taken the time to write a detailed ‘Good Outcome’ statement|
|3||I have watched the ‘pain’ video via the link provided|
|4||I have reviewed the Body Genius Method flow chart & understand the process|
|5||I have read thoroughly the BG cancellation policy and signed|
|6||I have read thoroughly the BG treatment policy and signed|
|7||I will arrive at Body Genius 20 minutes before all of my consults|
Step Two (2)
Once you have completed your personal checklist, including the BG ‘Intake Forms’, Stephen will read your information thoroughly and begin preparing for your initial consult. In complicated cases, Stephen may choose to set up an initial phone conversation to discuss the information you have provided in greater detail.
You should now have an understanding that you will be playing an active role in your treatment process. The more effort you put into your preparation the better the treatment outcomes.
Steps one (1) and two (2) are designed to save you time and money during your initial consult and to enhance the treatment outcomes for the entire Body Genius Method.
Step Three (3)
The next step in the process is the initial consultation. Please arrive at all consultations 20 minutes before your appointment is due to start. Take the time to slow down, relax in the comfortable waiting area, have a glass of purified water, and take 50 deep breaths before you enter your consultation. Once again, this type of participation in your own treatment will enhance the overall outcome.
During your initial consultation, Stephen will take you through a detailed explanation of the Body Genius Method and what you can expect from your first session.
|A detailed review of your Good Outcome|
|A review of your Importance Score|
|A clear explanation of the Performance Pyramid & why it’s so important|
|A clear explanation of the BG Method – Clinical Pathway|
|A clear explanation of your personal checklist|
|Is there any information you think you would like to add to your forms?|
|Do you have any questions you want to ask at this time?|
|A clear explanation of the goals for session one (1)|
If you would like to get a head start on understanding the Body Genius Performance Pyramid, simply download a free copy of the Performance Pyramid e-book from our website.
It’s important that you understand the Body Genius Method (clinical pathway) that Stephen will follow during your time at Body Genius. This is a very unique system of analysis and treatment, and is likely something you have not experienced elsewhere.
The Body Genius Institute Pain and Dysfunction – Clinical Pathway
- By completing the ‘Client Checklist’ before your initial consultation, you’re saving both time and money for yourself and enhancing the outcomes of this process.
- In more complex cases, Stephen may require more than one session to complete the assessment process. Stephen will not begin treating until he completely understands what is going on in your body and can then begin working towards finding the ‘root-cause’ of your problem.
Please understand that Stephen may not provide any treatment in session one.
- Stephen will complete a full examination of your nervous system. This form of assessment is called ‘Neuro Dynamic Testing’ and is based on the latest scientific research and advanced clinical understanding of how the nervous system works.
- Once Stephen completes your neuro dynamic testing (NDT) and provides treatment to clear your nerves, he will then undergo a whole-body examination of every joint, spinal segment, muscle and all other soft tissues.
- Stephen will create your own personal ‘Summary Table’ that clearly outlines your individual dysfunctions and will act as a ‘roadmap’ for all of the upcoming treatment sessions. This summary table is just one of the many secrets of the Body Genius Method and a key reason for our success as practitioners. The summary table will also act as a progress chart to demonstrate the effectiveness of Stephen’s treatment protocols.
- At the end of the first session, Stephen will recommend a ‘short trial of care’ of five (5) sessions.
What do you need to know about this ‘short trial of care’?
- This short trial of care will be pre-booked into Stephen’s schedule in a relatively short period of time, usually two (2) weeks. Stephen’s schedule is heavily booked throughout the year and it’s important that your treatment is not interrupted due to lack of available appointments.
- This short trial of care will act as a test-and-measure period during which time you (the client) and Stephen can ensure that treatment is on track to achieving your Good Outcome. The summary table discussed earlier will be used to demonstrate progress and prove that treatment is being effective and moving you in the right direction.
- It’s important that you and Stephen discuss any challenges that you may foresee during this time period.
- Will your work interfere with your ability to complete this trial of care?
- Do you have travel or a vacation planned that may interrupt treatment?
- Will competitive sport interfere with the treatment process?
- During this short trial of care, Stephen may ask that you either modify or stop your current training and activity protocol. These changes would only last for a few days or at the longest, one to two weeks. For competing athletes, Stephen may recommend longer sessions in a shorter period of time to complete the trial of care faster and achieve your Good Outcome in a shorter period of time.
- Once you are ‘Clinically Clear’, Stephen will then recommend that you progress to a Functional Risk Assessment before returning to sport or activity.
Clinically Clear = Pain-free and dysfunction-free
- It’s important for you to understand that Clinically Clear and Functionally Clear are not the same thing. It’s highly likely that during past treatment protocols, therapists have sent you back to sport or activity once you were pain free and able to pass several clinical tests. Our research strongly suggests that a clinical evaluation is not sensitive enough to pick up on functional deficits and as such is likely to increase your risk of re-injury.
Clinically Clear ≠ Functionally Clear
- The Body Genius Institute offers one of the most comprehensive functional risk assessments in the world. For more information on our world-class Athletic Screen, simply visit our website by clicking on the link.
- Once you are ‘clinically clear’ and ‘functionally clear’, Stephen will recommend Tune-Up sessions every 6-12 weeks to help alleviate any strain that may accumulate within your body during this time. This type of preventative care is important because although you may not be experiencing any symptoms, you’ll likely not be performing at your best (Work, Sport, Activity) and as this strain accumulates, your injury risk increases.
Body Genius Cancellation Policy
- During the ‘set-up’ process you’ll be asked to read our cancellation policy thoroughly and sign the forms.
- Missed consults are charged at 100% of consult fee.
- Please understand that Stephen’s schedule is fully booked, usually for 2-3 weeks in advance. Failure to attend a treatment session or give adequate notice for cancellations is not only a waste of Stephen’s valuable time but also means that clients who truly need Stephen’s help miss out.
- Please be respectful.
The Body Genius Method (clinical pathway) is the fastest and most efficient way to determine the underlying causes of your pain and dysfunction and to create a ‘roadmap’ for effective and efficient treatment.
Your active participation in this process will not only save you time and money, but will also enhance the effectiveness of the treatment.
Stephen is a Level Six (6) ‘Pain and Dysfunction’ practitioner at the Body Genius Institute with over 17 years of clinical experience and over 25,000 hours of successfully treating clients. If you would like to understand in greater detail what it means to be a level six (6) practitioner simply click on the link provided.
|Follow-up 30-minute consult||$150|
|Follow-up 20-minute consult||$110|
Fees are subject to change without notice.
It’s important for you (the client) to understand that successful treatment is not dependent upon a set number of sessions spaced out at pre-determined intervals over a period of 2-3 weeks. Successful treatment outcomes are dependent upon following a strategic sequence of assessment and treatment (The Body Genius Method), finding the root-cause of the problem (Primary Contributing Factor) and then successfully treating this cause until symptoms resolve and all dysfunctions clear.
Stephen has many clients who would rather complete this process in a much shorter period of time, such as
- Competing athletes
- Clients travelling long distances to see him, and
- Clients who want to get out of pain faster
As such, Stephen often books sessions on successive days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) and/or may book sessions that are longer in duration such as 60 to 90 minutes.
The choice as to how fast you would like to complete the process is up to you. This should be an open discussion that you have during your initial consultation. The fee structure is simply based on Stephen’s hourly rate.