Working with Jarrod Cooper
The way that Jarrod works with patients is significantly different from the traditional medical model you may be attuned to. Please read the following information thoroughly to familiarise yourself with our process. There is also an overview at the end that outlines the fee structure.
As a new patient, your treatment is broken into two phases:
- Initial Consultation and Case Review
- Ongoing Treatment
Each phase is described in more detail below.
The Initial Consultation is the first step for all new patients.
The Initial Consultation serves many purposes. It enables Jarrod to more accurately evaluate how long your treatment program will last, what it will include, your time, energy and financial needs. It also gives you the chance to ask any questions you may have about your condition and what you should expect by working with Jarrod. It also provides an opportunity for us to get to know each other and determine if our Institute is a good fit for you over the long-term.
The Initial Consultation
- An initial face to face or video consult to determine which intake forms or lab testing to order.
- A review of your medical history and relevant previous lab work.
- A review of your current diet and nutritional supplements.
At the completion of the Initial Consultation a patient co-ordinator will set you up with an online patient portal log in, and will provide you with the Case Review online paperwork to complete. It is important that you spend time and energy completing these intake forms, as they are vital in helping us understand your case. This paperwork includes:
- A detailed health and medical history questionnaire
- A detailed body systems assessment.
- A survey of your chief complaints and most important health goals/good outcome
- An assessment of your most troubling and frequently experienced symptoms
- A diet survey and habits questionnaire
- A survey of your current supplements and medications
The exact lab testing ordered after the Initial Consult depends on your individual circumstances, but may include:
- A comprehensive blood chemistry panel. This is the single most efficient, effective and affordable tool for quickly evaluating your health. It screens for a wide range of conditions, including several types of anemia; gut, viral and bacterial infections; insulin resistance and hypoglycaemia; liver and kidney issues; and thyroid and adrenal problems. It offers important clues for how to structure and focus your treatment to get the best results. It also provides a baseline of biomarkers that can be used to objectively track the progress of your treatment over time.
- Additional blood tests for specific conditions, such as high cholesterol, hypothyroidism, autoimmune disease and gluten sensitivity.
- Advanced stool testing to screen for parasites, fungal overgrowth, bacterial infections, intestinal inflammation, dysbiosis and a deficiency of beneficial gut bacteria.
- Urine organic acids testing to screen for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, fungal overgrowth, problems metabolising fat or carbohydrates, B-vitamin status, methylation issues, detoxification capacity, oxidative stress and neurotransmitter metabolism.
- Urine hormone testing for adrenal and sex hormone status.
Once we’ve received your lab results and completed Case Review paperwork, you will move on to Step 2: the Case Review Consultation. This typically occurs between 14 and 28 days after the Initial Consultation, because some of the labs we use take up to 2-4 weeks to deliver the results to us after receiving your sample.
The Case Review Consultation is a 30-minute in-person appointment. If you live outside of the Perth area, this would move to a video call.
Prior to the consultation, Jarrod will review the results from the labs that were ordered along with your Case Review paperwork, medical history, diet and supplement survey, assessment forms and completed laboratory testing. Jarrod will then present the following to you.
- A summary of the underlying patterns that are contributing to your symptoms.
- An outline of the suggested treatment plan, including dietary, supplement and lifestyle recommendations.
- Recommendations for further testing (this will typically be minimal, if necessary at all, because of the completeness of the Case Review process)
During your consultation, Jarrod will present the report of findings as well as your personalised roadmap. He will also review all of your test results with you, and answer any questions you have about the findings or your personalised roadmap.
Phase Two: Ongoing Treatment
Phase Two: Ongoing Treatment
Once the Case Review is complete, you’ll have follow-up appointments on an as-needed basis throughout the remainder of your personalised roadmap.
The first follow-up appointment generally occurs between 1-2 weeks after your Case Review Consultation. At that time, Jarrod will review your progress, along with any follow-up test results, and make additional recommendations as necessary.
From there, the frequency of your follow-up appointments will depend upon the severity of your condition as well as your response to the treatment.
You may schedule follow-up appointments in person in our office, or have via phone or video.
Fee schedule for visits
The Initial and Case Review is the fastest and most efficient way to determine the underlying causes of your health problems and design an effective roadmap. The Case Review is designed to save you money and time over the long-term by performing the appropriate laboratory testing and evaluation before treatment begins.
Here is a breakdown of the costs involved in the Initial Consultation and Case Review and follow up visits so you can plan accordingly. All of these are billed at the conclusion of each appointment.
Jarrod Cooper’s Fees
Initial Consult: $210. Includes the 30-minute face to face/phone or skype appointment plus 20 minutes with a patient co-ordinator total 50 minutes, this also includes case review preparation.
Case Review: $350. Includes the report of findings and a 30-minute face to face appointment plus 20 minutes with a patient co-ordinator total 50 minutes.
Regular Follow-ups: $210 for 30 minutes.
The fee for laboratory tests ordered during the case review process is typically $250–$750 depending on complexity of condition and level of diagnostics required. The cost of some testing includes an administration and interpretation fee.
The fee for supplements that are prescribed as part of your treatment plan after the Case Review is typically $100–$350. You will have the opportunity to approve or decline the supplements Jarrod suggest’s before you are charged for them (after the Case Review Consultation).
Estimated Costs for Supplements for Ongoing Treatment
Ongoing supplement fees vary considerably depending on the patient and treatment plan, but average approximately $100–$350 month with Jarrod Cooper.