First, our treatment approach will focus on mental, emotional, spiritual and physical healing. Most treatment approaches focus solely on physical healing.
Second, a key step in our approach is to emphasize the reduction of habits or patterns of thinking that are contributing to your symptoms or disease.
- A reduction in the amount of time spent sitting (Sedentary Lifestyle)
- Less processed foods such as breads, cereals, pasta, pre-prepared meals, canned or packaged foods, processed meats and farmed seafood.
- A reduction in the amount of time spent using phones, computers, watching television or using other electronic devices.
- Minimizing or completely eliminating alcohol, sugar, coffee and other inflammatory foods and drinks.
- Reducing the amount of negative thought patterns and negative emotions that are experienced on a daily basis.
- Reducing the amount of stress experienced on a daily basis.
- Minimizing or completely eliminating all soft drinks, fruit juices, energy drinks and other liquids containing sugar and harmful additives.
In many cases this ‘reduction strategy’ is far more important than promoting natural supplementation or ‘adding in’ positive behaviours such as meditation or yoga. Eliminating ‘old habits’ and ‘fixed mindset’ patterns of thinking is a crucial first step.
Many clients simply don’t understand that there are barriers to healing and that these need to be addressed first.
Barriers To Healing
||Poor sleep patterns
|Poor gut health
||Alcohol & drugs
Third, it’s through these types of reduction strategies that an emphasis is placed on the ‘Foundation Principles’ of health. You will notice there is a natural shift towards:
- Improvements in sleep patterns
- Adequate hydration on a daily basis
- A diet based firmly on organic, whole foods
- A diet that focuses on vegetables, leafy greens and healing herbs/spices
- Daily physical activity
- Being grateful on a daily basis
- Being happy on a daily basis. Happiness leads to success!
- Connecting with friends and family on a weekly basis
- Greater mindfulness and a lifestyle that is focused on conscious living, organic living, and sustainable living!
The more simple the strategy, the more successful the outcome.
Fourth, we try to keep treatment protocols simple! There are literally hundreds of research papers that have studied the effectiveness of various therapies and lifestyle modification programs. The outcomes are very clear: The more complex and time consuming the treatment strategy the less compliant the patient will be with the program. And it only makes sense that if the patient is less compliant then the level of success diminishes exponentially.
Lastly, most practitioners ‘dictate’ treatment protocols to their clients. This approach is disempowering and the client feels like they are not contributing to their own healing process. At the Body Genius Institute our practitioners will always provide you with choices, allowing you to guide your own healing process and feel in control and empowered. In many cases your practitioner will recommend extra reading material, podcasts, websites or blogs that will contribute to your learning and understanding.
Our Integrative Health Practitioners view themselves as mentors and coaches, which is a far different mindset to most other practitioners.